Our little guy is turning one soon, so I wanted to share what we're planning for his party.
To keep it low key and relaxed, I thought we'd invite a few close friends and family members. It should be a sunny day so I'll be putting out a lot of picnic blankets on the grass in our back yard. We'll make boerewors rolls and serve fun snacks and sweets like rainbow skewers, cake pops and jelly. Here are my favorite rainbow party ideas I collected on Pinterest that I want to implement:
1. Rainbow jelly looks so cute and even easier to make.
2. This will provide entertainment watching our guests smash the pinata.
3. Who won't want to get their picture taken in this photo booth with that fun backdrop?
4. I can't wait to see our friends' faces when we cut a rainbow cake like this.
5. I like the idea of giving edible favors with a cute tag. Perhaps I can recycle baby food jars by presenting the favors in them?
So, tell me those of you who have thrown a kiddies birthday party... Do you have any tips on how to pull this off so it's a great success?
PS If you're in the same boat currently planning a party, and if you want to, Yellow Lab can photograph your little one's special day and all the little details you worked so hard on. Visit our site and send us an email right now so we can book that date just for you.